“Have you made up your mind about getting an MBA from a premium B-school?”
“You are still in college and not sure if you want to join a B-school right away or get some
“You are still in college and not sure if you want to join a B-school right away or get some prior experience?”
Transform your uncertainty into confidence, with ISB’s Young Leaders Programme (YLP), and get a 2-year head start in your quest to a world-class management programme. YLP is a challenging foundation programme designed for pre-final or final year students pursuing their undergraduate or post graduate degrees. Getting in YLP guarantees you a much sought after admission into the flagship, Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at the Indian School of Business.
Admission to the YLP is a three stage process:
STAGE 1 – APPLICATION
This stage includes your application form, one essay and an application fee.
1. Application Form: Login to the online application portal here and begin filling it in segments.
Applicant Information – Fill this section with your personal and contact details. Be very careful with the spellings and make sure the name you enter is the same as on your passport because your PGP certificate will be issued on that name.
Educational Details – Use this to show your academic potential. Details about your class X, XII and either one, or all of your undergraduate, post graduate or integrated programme must be filled here.
Awards and Activities – This is mainly to evaluate your personality based on your interest and performance in extra-curricular activities. The admission process at ISB is holistic and measured; hence these details play a significant role.
2. Essay: You are expected to submit one essay in the first stage. Essays play a crucial role in the application process at ISB. It is through your essays that the Admissions Team understands your story, thought process and ambitions.
You have a choice to write on either:
Option 1: Write about an incident or set of incidents in your life that had the most profound influence on you. While writing this essay, briefly mention the incident and the impact it has had on your life. (300 words max)
Option 2: How would you describe yourself as a person and what are the two qualities / skills / attributes that you wish to further develop in yourself through the ISB Young Leaders Programme? (300 words max)
3. Application Fee: A payment of INR 2000/- towards application and processing is to be made. This can be done either through a VISA or Master Credit / Debit card or through the Net Banking option.
The application deadline for stage 1 of YLP, this year, is March 25th, 2016.
STAGE 2 – SHORTLISTING
Once you have made it through the Stage 1, your profile would be assessed on learning potential based on your GMAT / GRE score (along with your academic record), leadership skills and personal attributes based on the essays and recommendation.
1. GMAT / GRE Score: Candidates who have cleared Stage 1 are to present their official GMAT / GRE score; you can take the GMAT / GRE even on the day of the deadline (August 31) and submit your test center score with your application. However, you must ensure that your official
score report reaches the School within three weeks of the application deadline.
2. Essays: You are also required to submit two more essays at this stage. The topics for the essays will be given to you once shortlisted.
3. Recommendation: In addition to this, you must provide one recommendation, preferably from a college faculty/ mentor during your internship.
The deadline for Stage 2 is August 31st, 2016.
STAGE 3 – Face to face interview
The final stage of the YLP admission process is a face to face interview at one of the ISB campuses. You will be called for an interview during September 15 – October 15, 2016. The interview panel gauges your overall profile, confidence, communication and leadership skills.
To keep up with YLP admission events, click here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.